Pages

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Back from holidays..


Hyee..
Happy Wesak Day! How have you guys been? Its a public holiday today. Did ya all go out or pay a visit to Buddha for Wesak Day?

I just got back from my holidays at my grandparents house in Sungai Siput, Perak. I had such a good time there and if only I didn't have to come back home.. :(

I went there on Saturday morning. We moved from the house as early as 5 in the morning and reached around 8am. I was so happy to see my grandparents and so were they. It's been quite a long time since we last went back there. 3 days was just not sufficient enough. Sigh..

Most of all I missed her delicious cooking. The 1st day we had mutton curry and then crab perattal ( its like curry but a thicker version, more of a gravy type ) the next day. So yummy and finger licking gooood!

This is specially for me.
Rice tossed and mixed with the remaining spicy gravy in the hot wok after the crab had been dished out.
Really yummy!

Since I'm still bound to my crutches to move around, I was moving quite slowly and couldn't join my sister and my aunty's children play badminton or go for walks. Instead I spent most of the time playing, petting and taking photos of Sunny Boy.. my grandmothers pet dog. He was not jumping or moving around much, at least when he was tied down so it was quite safe to play with him.

Sunny Boy

Thats his thinking spot.. hehe
A few of his yoga poses.. lol

My grandmothers house is quite big compared to mine and since I was walking around the house a lot, my ankle would swell really bad and sometimes a little painful. I had to rub some ointment at night before going to bed to help soothe the pain abit. I was worried about it the first day but then the swelling reduced when I woke up the next day, so I just tolerated the pain. I can't just be sitting at one place and do nothing right?

On Monday night, everyone went to my grandfathers friends daughters wedding dinner except for my parents and me. Dinner at home was not too bad. My mother being a vegetarian herself cooked me a delicious, fat and juicy tiger prawn.

It was just one big prawn all for myself. It was my first time eating tiger prawn and it was good. There was so much flesh and it was sweet. The gravy on the other hand was spicy masala. Great combo!

Very fleshy right?! Sedapp..

___________________________________________________________________________

Today we got up as early as 4am, packed up, said byebye and left Sungai Siput at 5am.
Reached KL around 8.30 am and had our breakfast at Seetharam opposite Serdang KTM.

After reaching home, a friend of mine came. He brought along a liqueur chocolate given by another friend, for us to taste.

Swiss milk chocolate with Tennessee Whiskey

It contained Jack Daniel's Whiskey 8.5% inside the chocolate. It was just a small amount and we just had a piece each so it didn't actually make us drunk or what-so-ever. But you could taste the liqueur inside. Just a bite and SPLUSH! It exploded..


Hahaha.. Don't worry nothing exploded. Just kidding.. ;p
The liqueur inside just leaked. It was nice la, sort of had a gassy taste. But I don't know how to describe the liqueur. Its an acquired taste I guess.

Around lunch time my friend and I went out as we had to run some errands for my father and also go to the bank. My sister followed us too.
After running the errands and going to the bank we went to Pappa Rich @ Kajang to have our lunch.
Its our first time here so we just had what we thought looked nice in the menu.

My friend ordered Dry Curry Mee with Fried Egg and also Carrot juice. The mee was good but the juice was  not.

Dry Curry Mee ~ RM 8.90
I think the fried egg made it look better.
Carrot juice ~ RM 5.50

My sister had Nasi Lemak with Chicken Rendang. Overall their Nasi Lemak was good. The Chicken Rendang had a very nice aroma.
Erm.. It was more presentable when they served it but my sister had already start digging in by the time I took a snap. That explains the messy rice and missing part of the egg.

Nasi Lemak with Chicken Rendang ~ RM 8.90

I had Prawn Mee and I found it to be mediocre only. It was quite blend. A little more spiciness would have been better.

Prawn Mee ~ RM 8.90
My sister enjoying her MILO Dinosaur ~ RM 4.80

Owh.. And they charge RM 0.60 for warm water. Everything came to about RM 41.35, inclusive of service charges.


I had been wanting to go to the Buddhist Temple for Wesak Day which I didn't go as my mother thought was not a good idea. She said it would be crowded and people might accidentally bump into me.

Despite not being able to go and visit Buddha at the temple, I got to catch a glimpse of him on the road when we were on the way back home after lunch. He was practically next to me on the road. Hahaha..



PappaRich
Lot 9, Section 7,
Bandar Kajang,
Daerah Hulu Langat,
Selangor.


2 comments:

  1. Nice photos of our pet Sunnyboy.I think u all enjoyed eating food at Pappa Rich.The food look delicious.Emm......

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah! its our Sunnyboy ma.. and we sure enjoyed the food..

    ReplyDelete

Hi.. Thank you for reading. Did you enjoy reading my blog post? Feel free to leave your comments here.. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...