Pages

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Pangs of Chocolate Cake Cravings.. ♥

Have you ever experienced the almost sudden feeling of longing to eat something although your not hungry.. and the intense desire to consume happens to be of that specific, one and only food ?

A-hah ! That's exactly what happened yesterday.. That very loud voice saying - won't it be nice to have some super delicious chocolate cake - at the back of my head, metaphorically speaking. hihi.. 

After browsing a few chocolate cake recipes, I finally found one to my liking - Moist Chocolate Cake

Its a recipe I saved from dear blogger Love2Cook's blog. It looked very moist and tempting. (actually most of her cakes and cooking are.. 'winks') Really knoeee... You might wanna check it out yourself too.

Well this is how mine turned out... Not as neat as hers, but taste wise I was contented. =)


It looks sort of messy right.. Pardon me as I'm new to cake decorating. Most of the time when I bake a cake, we'll start to dig in as soon as it just gets cool enough.. 


For the cake I followed all the ingredients exactly except for the egg, as we were out of eggs at home. So I used the egg substitute I found in another blog sometime ago (I can't remember which one though) and the result was still up to standard.. at least to my standard lar..

The egg substitute I used :
2 tbsp flour
1/2 tbsp shortening (I used butter)
1/2 tsp baking powder (I used bicarbonate soda)
2 tsp water

As for the topping, I used chocolate cream cheese frosting !
Tried it for the first time..




Thank you Love2Cook for sharing such a wonderful recipe.. keep sharing.. n I shall keep trying.. ♥ 

5 comments:

  1. Sungguh rajin awk buat kek.. Saya selalu gak rasa nak makan sumthing wp tak lapar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice attempt and like that you have made the two layered and wonderful choc cake.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @LydSunshine ~ haha.. kadang-kadang boleh la nak try kan. baru tengah belajar katakan.

    @Nava.K ~ thanks! just tried it out and it turned out great..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking tasty cake. But you haven't shown all Ingredients which you have used to bake this wonder cake. I am curious to bake this cake. I wish that i will get more guidance.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Motorcycle Chains ~ yeah, its tasty alrite.. I'll update the recipe in my post soon as I'll be making this cake once again. do keep checking.. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi.. Thank you for reading. Did you enjoy reading my blog post? Feel free to leave your comments here.. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...